The seven projects are expected to generate a combined total of 4,975 MW.
As a part of a presidential executive order issued in March 2012, the United States Office of Management and Budget is charged with overseeing a government-wide effort to make the permitting and review process for infrastructure projects more efficient and effective. President Obama ordered that the seven clean energy projects be expedited through the order, name the We Can’t Wait initiative.
The projects are:
- The 425 MW Mohave County Wind Farm in Arizona, by BP Wind
- The 100 MW Quartzsite Concentrating Solar Power Project in Arizona, by Solar Reserve
- The 150 MW Desert Harvest Solar Energy Project in California, by enXco
- The 200 MW Moapa Solar Energy Centre in Nevada, by RES Americas
- The 350 MW Silver Slate South Solar Photovoltaic Energy Project in Nevada, by First Solar
- The 3,000 MW Chokecherry/Sierra Madre Wind Energy Project in Wyoming, by Power Company of WY
- The 750 MW McCoy Solar Energy Project in California, by NextEra.